Adam holds the highest coaching qualification in the world, the UEFA Pro Licence. As a player Adam started at Yavapai College before going on to play nearly 700 professional games for teams like Southend United, Gillingham, Plymouth Argyle and AFC Wimbledon.
We were also joined by Oliver Twelvetrees of Colorado State and Stephen Lyons from Carson Newman and we spoke about all things soccer.
- 60 second rule when teams are at their most vulnerable and how this rule can settle nerves.
- How to stop the opposition when they have started to gain some momentum.
- Tips on how to protect a lead in the last 10 minutes.
- Rules behind a game day team talk.
- The importance of not overloading players with information
The 60 second rule
Here’s some tactics you can adopt with your players depending on their position to make sure you don’t concede straight after a goal.
This was a brilliant episode with a real technical insight into the thinking of a professional coach. If you would like to get access to the full content from Adam Barrett then you can become a Building Champions Coach Member.